Monday, May 4, 2009

Fathers and Sons Campout

Dave took Justin on his first camping trip last Friday. Our ward went up to a place past Roosevelt Lake to camp. Justin was so excited to sleep in his new sleeping bag and to sleep outside. They both had a great time and Justin loved looking for animals. In typical Dave fashion they went looking for snakes. They found two dead ones and then the one below in this picture. Can you tell what kind of snake my three year old is standing only a couple of feet from?

That's right, a rattlesnake! Does anyone else see a problem with letting him stand so close? Thankfully the snake didn't strike because they are way faster then Justin is! At least Dave didn't bring the rattlesnake home like he has before!

I didn't get too many other details out of them other then Justin loved playing with his football friend. When I asked Dave who his football friend was Dave said, "Everyone." Justin is so funny, everyone is automatically his friend. He was playing football with all of the older boys and had a great time.

The only other story I heard about was when they were driving home. Apparently, outside of Globe there is a mountain range with a huge flag pole and American flag on it. When Justin saw it he said, "Look Dad, that's where President Obama lives!" I wish he would never grow up!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

oh you have to squish that cute little boy for me! I love the new family picture!!

Julie said...

That sounds so fun. And I can't believe you got Dave to take the camera, much less take a picture!

Taylors said...

oh boys...Our lives just might be a little boring without them. I cant wait till my little guys is old enough to go on camping trips with dad.