Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ruby's Blessing

We were so grateful to bless Ruby at the beginning of May. She was so little that most of the dresses wouldn't fit her but I finally found a newborn size dress that was just perfect! Dave did an amazing job with the blessing. I think we both truly feel that there is something extra special about Ruby. Dave got choked up during the blessing and had to pause to compose himself. It was so sweet! I was amazed by some of the things that Dave said and it reaffirmed to me the power of the Priesthood. Dave expressed things that I had already been feeling but never told him. One of the main things is that he blessed Ruby to always be a special comfort to me and for some reason since the day she was born that is what she has been. She calms me. She helps me to breath. She reminds me that everything is okay as long as I have my family. She is my special comfort.

We were so grateful that so much of our family could be there. I was especially grateful that my brother Greg and his family were able to be there for the first time and we of course missed the Capps! We had a wonderful brunch at our house afterwards and really enjoyed this special day!

So sweet!
The Poulsen's
If you're wondering where Justin is he is hiding behind my nephew in the front. He did not want his picture taken at all!

The Bradshaw's
Unfortunately, we didn't get most of Dave's family in the picture!






1 comments:

Taylors said...

thats a great pic of you and Ruby!! And her little blessing dress is so cute!