Monday, May 18, 2009

Reality

Sometimes life on these blogs seems too perfect. Here is a little dose of reality. . .

Today our house that we built from the ground up sold at auction. Now I am living in a house that I don't like and am trying my best to be positive about it but having a hard time.

Today Dave spent an obscene amount of money on lizards without talking to me about it first.

Today Justin scratched up my antique piano bench which used to be my Grandmas.

Today a Costco sized bottle of Tide liquid detergent fell off the washer, cracked open and completely leaked all over my laundry room floor.

Today Isabelle fell off the couch, hit a box and then landed on the floor. She was crying so hard that she stopped breathing and passed out. I was feeding Ruby at the time and was only able to break her fall instead of catching her. I don't think I've ever been so scared.

Tomorrow I am going to wake up and hope for a better day.

7 comments:

Maylene said...

Hopefully today is a much better day! I'm sorry about having all that in one day :) That would be so scary if to have one of your kids pass out.

Taylors said...

Oh my gosh!! What a horrible day!! I'm so sorry. It's true that most people only post the positive. I hope you have a better week!

Nic said...

Jillyn, i've been thinking about you & hoping you are doing okay. When it rains it pores! I'm sure this has got to be one the most trying times of your life but you are going to come out stronger for having survived it. Hang in there, you are a warrior woman! HOpe today goes more smoothly for all of you. Thanks for sharing and being honest, something we all need to do more often.

Anonymous said...

JILYNN!!!! Omg, your post killed me. I am so sorry about your house. I feel your pain. I just want to crawl in a hole sometimes and not ever think about house payments or anything related to real estate:( And poor Isabelle! I think I would have freaked out. Well somehow things HAVE to get better, right?? :)

Kathryn said...

Jilynn, I'm sorry you had a horrible, no-good very-bad day! I hope today is going better??? I swear there are just some things that really stink in life. Good thing they don't last forever!

Julie said...

Jilynn, I'm so sorry to hear about that. Why is it when it rains, it pours!?!?

(Are you in a different ward now?)

Cara said...

What a day. Wow. I hope things are looking up...