Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ruby's Four Month Appointment

Ruby's check up went great. She is in the 75% for height, 35% for head circumference and 15% for weight. She only weighs 12 pounds! The doctor said that was okay though and she is still thriving. She does though, have several weird things about her. Last time I went at her two month appointment he told me she had an herniated belly button. This time he discovered she has some sort of rib disformity that is inherited. It makes her rib cage stick out farther than it should. If you feel her rib cage on both sides you can definitely feel that the left side sticks out way more than the right. After feeling my rib cage and Dave's I've determined she inherited it from Dave. :) It's not really a big deal, just kind of weird. She also has these two little marks under her bottom lip, I call them her vampire bites because that's what they look like to me. I asked the doctor about those too but he said that they are just fat pockets and they're perfectly normal. Finally she has these three little red lines on her left arm, which I asked about too. Apparently, those are normal too and are just some veins that are close to the surface. I wonder what we will discover next time!



The three veins
I couldn't get a picture to take any closer but this shows how noticeable they are against her white skin.
See the little pointy things under her bottom lip? Those are her vampire bites.

0 comments: