Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gratitude for the Plan of Salvation

You all probably know that President Hinckley passed away on Sunday. He is really the only Prophet that I remember and have learned to know and love so it was very sad for me to hear of his passing. I knew that he was 97 and could die at any time, but I still felt like he was going to live forever. The day before President Hinckley died, Dave's Grandma also passed away. She was 92. She was such a wonderful, sweet person and I am sorry that I wasn't able to know her longer. We were able to visit her a few days before she passed away and I will never forget the way she just lit up when I brought Isabelle to her. She loved babies! The deaths of these two wonderful people has made me think about how grateful I am for the plan of salvation. I am grateful to know that I will be able to see my loved ones again after I pass away and that Dave and I will be together for eternity. I am happy that President Hinckley is able to be with his wonderful wife again and that Grandma Bradshaw is with her loved ones again as well. It makes it easier to cope with death when you know that they are somewhere better. I will miss both of these wonderful people!
This isn't a good picture of Grandma Bradshaw obviously, but it was the only one that I could find.

0 comments: