Friday, July 10, 2009

Fourth of July Fun

We went up to St. George to stay with my parents this year for the 4th. Two of my brothers and their families came too. We had a blast! There is always plenty to eat when my family gets together and we all come home at least 5 lbs. heavier. The second night we stayed there we woke up to Justin throwing up everywhere! The poor guy! The next day he only threw up one time but he didn't really eat for days and was not his usual energetic self. Luckily, nobody else caught whatever he had. One day someone found Isabelle walking around with my wedding band and wet arms. Any guesses as to where the rest of my ring was? That's right, the toilet. It's really the first time she ever has played in the toilet and I don't know why she would ever think to put my ring down it, but she did. We didn't even know it was in there for sure but could only assume, so my wonderful dad had the bright idea to vacuum the water out with a shop vac. Out came the ring! I don't know how my dad thought to do that but he definitely saved the day! Here are some fun pictures from the trip. They're out of order but my computer kept freezing up when I tried to move them so it will have to do!

Justin loved the sparklers but got a little too curious and touched one after it was finished burning. He had a massive burn blister from it! Isabelle's in the background by the water bucket. She didn't want anything to do with the sparklers unless it involved putting it in the water.

Justin's showing off the tattoo he got at the fair we went too.

More sparkler fun!



Riding the "train" at the fair. Isabelle cried almost the whole way!


Sweet Ruby enjoying the shade




Isabelle's shirt said "Daddy's Little Firecracker." Oh how true that is!

My dad's new hot rod. He took the girls out cruisin'.


Isabelle was so tired one day she crawled up on Grandpa's bed with him and fell asleep.


We had a great time there and it was so nice to have so many people willing to hold Ruby. I definitely got spoiled! Dave and I even got to go to the movies although we didn't go together. The boys saw Transformers and the girls saw The Proposal. I got home around 11:45 p.m. and Justin was on the couch with Grandma and Grandpa watching the weirdest kid show that he called "booby" ( I think it was actually called Ooby but I'm not sure, Justin's name is funnier). Needless to say he was very tired the next day! Now if we could just get rid of the nasty colds/coughs that they came home with, we will be good. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us all come!













1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your dad's car is awesome! Looks like your parents are enjoying retirement. Aren't families just the best?
Sounds like poor little Justin has been having a bad case of the little boys - stomach flu, burnt finger, and scorpion sting. Hopefully he grows out of it soon so you get a break.