Thursday, July 2, 2009

Father's Day

The kids had a great time helping me with Father's Day. We started off the day by bringing Dave breakfast in bed and letting him open his presents. Later that night we had his parents over for dinner and the kids loved being able to celebrate Father's Day with their dad and grandpa.

Ruby's present was a onesie that said "I love my Dad." She looked so cute!
One time when I took Justin to the store with me he saw this Batman shirt and had to get it for Dave so that they could match. The funny part is that I told Justin he couldn't tell Daddy what we were giving him so when we got home he said, "Don't worry Dad, I won't tell you what kind of shirt we got you." At least he kept part of it a secret!
This turned out way better than I expected. It was fun to make and to see Dave's face when he saw it. In case you can't tell, the kids are spelling Dad.

I'm just glad that it's over. Doing his birthday and Father's Day back to back is exhausting but I love trying to make his "special" days special. He is such a good dad and I really couldn't ask for anything more! We love you Dave!


1 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hey Jilynn, that is a great present for Dave! Good job! Now I have an idea for Lane for next year!