Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Half a Year Old!

Wow, I can't believe it! How does time go so fast? It really seems like I just had Isabelle and now she is 6 months old. She is such a fun baby and there are so many things that I love about her. She is so dang cute and loves to smile! She is sitting up on her own and can roll over but usually chooses not to. Her doctor says she probably doesn't like to so she just waits for me to come get her. She has been eating rice cereal for about a month now and today we are going to start on squash. MMMM! One of my favorite things right now is that for the past two nights she has gotten herself to go back to sleep without any help. I am so excited and hope that this leads to her sleeping through the night again! Just yesterday she started clucking her tongue. Who knew that a 6 month old could do that? She is one of the wiggliest babies ever and loves to play with the tags on everything. I think I will have to buy her one of those taggies blankies soon. I love to watch Justin play with Isabelle. He can make her laugh so hard and it is so cute because they have the same exact laugh. Yesterday was also her six month appointment. She was in the 70th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. She weighs more than her nine month old cousin Sophie! We are so grateful for Isabelle and can't wait for the fun times that are ahead with her.

5 comments:

Linda said...

OH my gosh Jilynn - she has the cutest little face and I love her smile! Makes me want another baby!

Maylene said...

She is such a cutie! That is so sweet that Justin likes to make her laugh. I love when Sydney does that with Sophie. Wow...it has gone by so fast. I can't believe we don't have newborns anymore.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, if it is my anniversary yours is just around the corner. Too bad you guys had to get married while we were on our honeymoon:( we leave for our trip next week! I can't wait! as much fun as we've had traveling I'm jealous that you guys already have your litle family started. for now my dogs are my babies:)

Nic said...

That's the most DARLING picture of her & her cheeks!

Whitney Johnson said...

Hey, Jilynn! Thanks for visiting my new blog. :) I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with it, exactly. My first attraction to blogs were the arts and craft blogs that I found, and I think I have a lot of those type ideas that would be so fun to blog about! But - we'll see how it evolves...
WOW! Your sweet babies aren't so tiny anymore! I sure miss seeing ya at church. But this is a fun way to keep in touch. :)