Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day Trip to Payson

On Saturday we went up to Payson with Dave's sister Becky and her family. It was nice just to get away from the day and escape the heat for a little bit. We just ate lunch at a nice park in Payson and then let the kids play. Dave, being inspired from watching the Olympics tried to do some of his old gymnastics moves. It was actually quite impressive but unfortunately we didn't get anything on video. He was doing standing back flips and a bunch of other things that I don't know the names of, but the most impressive was when he ran and jumped over a fence, did a front flip and landed on his feet. Unfortunately, for Dave he is still in pain 3 days later! Our final activity was feeding the ducks, or rather the geese. It was really scary to watch the kids feed the geese because the geese were not shy at all! They were eating out of hands and almost attacking us to get the bread. Luckily, no one got bit and the kids had a great time!



Isabelle just chillin'

Dave helping the kids do flips


Feeding the attack geese

3 comments:

Julie said...

That sounds fun. . . anything to get away from this heat! So what's Dave's gymnastic background???? I'd love to have seen the fence flip. What would you say, 8.5??

Maylene said...

So sad that you didn't get Dave's gymnastics on camera! I bet it was really nice to just get away from the heat.

Chandler said...

At first when I read this I thought it was Payson UT. I was so sad you were so close and I didn't see you. :0)

I can't believe how much Isabelle has grown. Her hair is AWESOME - I'm so jealous. She has really smiley eyes too. What a doll!

It looks like you guys have had a fun time - the vacation pictures are great and I love that you went to Tombstone. I've never been, but I am a fan of the movie too.

Love ya - good luck on Isabelle's birthday! I can't believe they are one!!!