Friday, May 9, 2008

Are you Prepared?

Check out this website I found that has a food storage calculator. I was shocked at how much I need for my family for one year. Here are just a few things that my family of five needs: wheat 600 lbs., rice 200 lbs., dry milk 240 lbs. I thought I was doing pretty good with food storage until I used this calculator! I guess the next step is to buy more and then find room for all of it! The Provident Living website also has a calculator but not as specific if you want to check that one out too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep putting food storage off. Currently I have NO room. Hopefully in new house I can be motivated to do it! maybe I'll learn how to can:)

Nic said...

Food storage freaks me out! It is crazy to think about storing all that & then actually rotating it. It's a goal of mine every single year but I've yet to get all the way there! The three month supply is totally do-able though!

Whitney Johnson said...

We're planning a space for food storage. It's very overwhelming - right? Not just the buying, but the storage!! Hopefully we'll get it together when the house project is finished. :) Thanks for commenting on my blog - you're so kind...
happy day!

Julie said...

Jilynn, I found your blog through Tiffany. I loved see the pic of your baby and Chandler's. So cute!